
We've been trying since August to conceive (which really means only two cycles with my whacky system), and it has now become a reality -- Jarrett and I are expecting our first child. I took a test on the morning of New Year's Eve, which resulted in a very faint second line. Though I knew deep down that any second line at all meant a positive result, I still was not convinced, so that night at our New Year's Eve party, I took my good friend, Shelly, who is now a little over halfway through her pregnancy, into the back room and explained the outcome of the test. She became wide-eyed and exclaimed, "Christi! The same thing happened to me!" She told me I should take a test on Wednesday (this was Monday) and I'd probably have a darker second line. Sure enough -- a Wednesday-morning test resulted in a definitive positive result. But I took another one yesterday morning just to be really sure before we called our parents. Kind of like how I check that my alarm is really set around three or four times before I turn off the light to go to sleep. That's just the way I am. So -- yay! -- we're expecting!
3 comments:
Yippeeeee! As soon as I read the name of your blog I started jumping in my seat and cheering (silently of course, the boys are sleeping). I am so happy for you! Congrats!
Heh. Ahh... thanks, Val. I wish I could of told you in person, but I figured this was a fun way to let you know the exciting news.
i hope it is a boy so i can have another WakeForest fan in the family....
Post a Comment