Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Escape

So Elsa had her first visit with our new family doctor yesterday, and all is well. She is slightly jaundiced, but given that she is already over a week old and the yellow is really only in her face (and is very mild), the doctor is not concerned. We will just keep an eye on it. She is just over the 50th percentile in weight, right at the 50th percentile for head circumference, and at the 95th percentile for length. She and I will go back for another visit next Monday.

The fact that Jarrett, Elsa, and I got out of the house for this appointment, as well as a trip to Publix, was huge. It is kind of an ordeal to see that we are showered and fed, Elsa is changed and recently fed, and that everyone gets out the door with supplies in hand. Ahh... welcome to family life, right?

Jarrett has been an unbelievable help, and I don't know what I would have done without him over the past week plus. He has the rest of this week off, but then has to return to work on Monday, with a trip scheduled to Los Angeles on Wednesday. Thankfully my mom is coming into town on Tuesday, but I will still be very sad to see Jarrett go. Hormones are raging, which isn't helping with the sadness... :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

It doesn't sound like they're making you bake Elsa in the sun, which is nice. I had to keep doing that to Andrew for a while. Nothing like trading jaundice for a nice tan!

So sorry Daddy has to go. That totally stinks.

Kathy said...

Your mom will probably be emotional also when she comes to visit!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time together. Elsa is a beauty. We can't wait to meet her when you come to Oregon.