Monday, August 24, 2009


Elsa graduated to her new car seat a couple of weeks ago. I picked it up while we were in Charlotte last since the Babies R Us there is much closer to my parents' house in comparison to the distance separating our house and any of the locations around here. And I had already been to the Lithonia location twice trying to figure out the answer to the Great Car Seat Debacle. I won't get into all of the details, but we basically ended up purchasing and attempting to install two seats and returning them both before settling on this one. I even ended up calling the manufacturer of this seat to make sure it was going to work. The main problem was that the convertible seats are rather cumbersome, especially when trying to install them rear-facing (it is now recommended babies stay rear-facing as long as possible). We don't have a small car, and yet it still seemed difficult to find a seat that would (1) fit in our car rear-facing and (2) not eat up two-thirds of the back seat. The Safety First Air Protect seat is a bit more slender than some, and their side-impact crash test videos online were very convincing. Elsa seems to be pretty comfortable in it, and us parents at least feel like she is fairly well protected.

No comments: