I'm a little late in posting about this, but the hospital tour went fairly well on Saturday. Jarrett and I felt like we left a little more confused about the whole check-in process when baby time actually comes, but I'm sure we'll figure it all out more in the coming months. Unfortunately the labor and delivery room that has the big tub for waterbirths was occupied at the time, but the room we did see was very nicely appointed. All six labor and delivery rooms have standard-size tubs, which the tour guide said births have been performed in, and they also have one portable tub that can be brought into any of the rooms. We also found out about a waterbirth-specific class, which we'll have to sign up for in the near future, as they like you to take it if a waterbirth is planned.
We weren't able to go into a postpartum room, as they were all being cleaned after a rash of discharges, but we did get to poke our heads into one of the semi-private rooms. They seemed a bit more hospital-ish than the labor and delivery rooms, which seemed a bit strange to me, but there still was not much to complain about. We didn't get to see the bathrooms, but apparently most of the rooms have a big walk-in shower, and all of the rooms have flat-panel televisions.
I preregistered for the delivery and have already received a confirmation e-mail, so that is already taken care of. It seems crazy, but I guess the next 20 weeks will likely fly by.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment