I am now at 19 weeks, and I definitely felt the baby move today. Weird! But very cool. I can't wait until the movements become strong enough that Jarrett can feel them from the outside.
And it is just one week from tomorrow until we (cross your fingers) find out if we're having a girl or a boy. I still have no preference -- I just want to hear that he/she looks good and healthy.
In other news, Jarrett is almost finished painting the nursery. We found (thanks to Kate) a paint with no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) at a store in Virginia-Highlands called Eco-Bella, so it was completely safe to use around me, and it won't continue omitting toxins after the baby's arrival (not that the rest of the paint on our walls is VOC-free, but whatever... I'm sure it's aired out plenty by now). We chose a shade of brown that makes the room feel warm and nice and cozy, and it goes really well with the linens we picked out for the crib. Speaking of the crib, on Saturday we are going to Kennesaw to again visit the woman from whom we purchased our used glider rocker, as she has a crib that matches the wood on the rocker. Don't ask me why we didn't at least look at it the first time we were up there, but we didn't think about it, and once we got the rocker home, we realized how much we really liked it. So there is a chance we'll have a crib on Saturday. Also, prior to the Kennesaw outing, we have a scheduled tour of the hospital, which should be interesting. A baby-centric Saturday, for sure!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment