Saturday, March 7, 2009

Elsa is Six Months

Elsa turned six months old today. It is amazing to think she is half a year old already -- this last month seemed to particularly fly by. She still has yet to master rolling over on a regular basis, but she did roll over earlier this week -- this time from tummy to back -- and I missed it once again. Now I think she is purposefully doing it when my back is turned -- that, or I am just simply too much of a distraction. She seems to enjoy sitting up with some support, though would rather one of us support her than the Bumbo seat or Boppy pillow. She does quite like lying on her tummy sort of propped up on the Boppy, though. Since it has been gradually getting warmer over the last week, we have enjoyed getting outside and going for walks, either with Elsa in the stroller or in the Ergo. She really seems to like getting outdoors, though will still fuss when she starts getting tired. Eventually, though, she will usually fall asleep regardless. Today she, Kate, and I walked from the house to Chick-fil-A and back, and she did really well until about a third of the way home. I eventually took her out of the stroller and put her into the Ergo, but she didn't conk out until about five minutes from the house... of course. Her sleep in general has been much better over the past few days, despite the fact that she woke up at 1:15 a.m. last night and I was up with her until 2:00 a.m. changing her and nursing her back down. She has napped like a champ the past two or three days, which has been fabulous after a pretty horrible start to the week. Sources say she might be teething, but she has been sucking/chewing on her hands and fingers and drooling for weeks and weeks now. It's possible she has been feeling them for this long and maybe they're just now really starting to try to make their way through. If that is the case, I think we are all ready for it to just happen already. She continues to eat oatmeal cereal twice a day, and I imagine Dr. Owen will have us introduce more solids after we see her for her six-month appointment in a little over a week. Oh -- and Elsa is just completely enamored with Merckx. She thinks it's hilarious when he sits or shakes for us, and she loves "talking" to him by making raspberries or "tsss..." sounds in his general direction. I really can't wait until the two of them start really playing together. Our little one just continues to grow, and we just continue to enjoy watching it happen.

Happy half-birthday, Elsa Marie!

No comments: