We took advantage of the nice weather on Saturday afternoon and took a stroll over to McKoy Park and let Elsa swing in the baby swing for a bit. I put her in the swing for the first time last Thursday and she seemed to like it, so we wanted to let Daddy check out her new skills. There was a little girl (probably around four years old or so) at the park who was quite intrigued with Elsa, and insisted on pushing her on the swing and giving her a hug. It was cute, but we had to explain that Elsa was still somewhat fragile and not ready for extreme swinging. We had to also squelch her desire to hold Elsa while sliding down the slide (she saw Elsa and me sliding and immediately climbed up to join in on the fun).
Elsa also rolled over from back to tummy and then back over from tummy to back for her daddy and grandmom on Saturday (Jarrett caught the first half on camera, but missed out on the second roll), and I finally witnessed it for myself yesterday afternoon when she repeated her moves. She also reached out for Jarrett yesterday when he went to take her from his mom, making it the first time she has reached for either of us. And she is able to sit up awhile longer on her own before toppling over sideways. Big stuff -- our little girl just continues to grow and develop!






2 comments:
I can't believe how much she's grown already! I feel like it was just a couple weeks ago that I was visiting and seeing her wee newborn self.
Funny how attentive older kids can be so adorable and stressful all at the same time.
The park looked like so much fun- can't wait to see her swing in person!
Post a Comment