My dear friends, Kate and Shelly, threw me an incredible baby shower on Saturday. I was already so lucky to have the
fabulous shower Jarrett's mom threw us in North Carolina, and then this. It was a girls-only shower, and I was surrounded by many of my closest friends, including Valerie and my mom, who were both able to make it down from North Carolina. I don't know if the photos will adequately show how lovely everything was, but the day could not have been more perfect. I think my favorite part of the whole occasion was first walking through Kate's front door and taking in all of the decorations. They went with a country theme (since I'm kind of doing farm animals in the nursery), and there were flowers everywhere; clotheslines with the cutest clothes strung from them; mason jars from which to drink; a cute straw bunny centerpiece on the dining table; and an awesome spread of food, including deviled eggs, pimento cheese sandwiches, chicken salad on croissants, a tomato/basil/mozzarella salad, cucumber dill salad, and my two of my favorite sweets (which is saying something for a girl who is not big on sweets to begin with) -- a layered strawberry cream cake and molasses crinkles. There was a scrapbooking table, where guests created scrapbook pages with words of advice, and Alison supplied a revised version of her Baby Shower Cranium game, which was just as much fun as when we played at
Shelly's shower (thanks, Al!).
And the photos -- there were photos of me and Jarrett everywhere you turned. It was amazing. Thank you so much, girls! And thank you to everyone who was able to come and share and the festivities. For those of you who weren't able to make it, know that you were there in spirit!
Meanwhile, Jarrett and a few of his guy friends and my dad had Man Day over at our house, and Tim and David supplied the extravaganza, complete with steaks, au gratin potatoes, Caesar salad, beer, cigars, Xbox... and pork rinds (don't ask).



















3 comments:
Looks like it was great! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it!
Wow! They went all out. I hate I had to miss it!!
SIS I LIKE THE PICTURE OF YOU AND MOM
Post a Comment