Yesterday, after afternoon naps, Elsa and I met up with Shelly and Christian at the
Atlanta Zoo. Shelly is a member and was kind enough to get Elsa and me in for free (she has also gotten us into the
Atlanta Botanical Garden for free in the past -- a great perk to being Shelly's friend!). This was Elsa's first time at the zoo, and of course I was way more excited about it than she could even pretend to be. Elsa and Christian were much more fascinated by the flip signs at the exhibits than the three giraffes that were less than 20 feet away from them. Oh well, it was still fun. And I was actually quite amazed by how many animals were out and active despite the heat. We saw panda bears, a tiger, lions, otters, lemurs, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, ostriches, gorillas (in the distance), wart hogs, an elephant, and various pretty birds. We tried to go to the petting zoo, but unfortunately it was already closed. We were able to see the goats and pigs in their pens, but I would have loved to have seen how Elsa reacted to actually being able to touch them. Next time!









No comments:
Post a Comment