Friday, July 10, 2009
Music Class
Elsa and I went to our first session of music class yesterday. I think she really enjoyed it, though she was definitely the most fussy of any of the kids (there were five total) in the class. This was mostly because I attempted to keep her up yesterday and just put her down a little earlier for one, long afternoon nap. I did this (1) because we had a lady and her two daughters cleaning our house in preparation for our big Margarita Bomb Party on Saturday and there was quite a lot of noise involved with that (as a side note, this was the first time we'd ever hired someone to clean our house -- she was very affordable, very sweet, and did a fantastic job, but I can't get used to it!), and (2) I knew we needed to leave the house a little after 3:00 p.m. to go to music class, and she often sleeps later than that in the afternoon. So I put her down at noon and she fell right to sleep... but then woke up at 1:30 p.m. So much for the long nap. As a result, she was tired and more fussy than normal, so introducing new toys and then taking them away after only a few minutes of play did not go over so well. Thankfully we moved on to the next activity fairly quickly, and a song was always sung as we put toys away, which helped a little. We sang and danced and bounced and played with shakers, clackers, scarves, books, balls with bells, and balls with rubbery protrusions. Elsa loved the scarves, and giggled during the dancing. Overall, I think it was a success, and I am looking forward to next week's class... hopefully with a more well-rested little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I need that lady's number. I got so used to weekly cleaning that I am just sitting around thinking subconsciously, "the floors will be cleaned soon."
Post a Comment