Reading Alison's most recent blog post inspired us this morning to plan a lunch outing on an otherwise extremely lazy day. Where to? The Varsity -- an Atlanta establishment I had yet to experience in the nine years I have lived here. So it was a first for both me and for Elsa, though Elsa will have to wait for her first hot dog. She instead dined on O-shaped cereal, pieces of cheddar cheese, and a puree of bananas, peaches, and strawberries. I went crazy and had a hot dog with cheese, mustard, chili, and slaw to match Jarrett's -- I never eat chili and slaw on anything. Am I really turning into a Southerner? I have to admit, it was pretty good. Not the highest-quality hot dog in the world, but still quite tasty. I just wished after I ordered my Sprite that I instead had ordered a chocolate milk (or "P.C." in Varsity speak), which is served over ice. Maybe one day Elsa will have that hot dog and a P.C. herself, as I am sure it will not be the last time she hears those famous words...
"What'll ya have? What'll ya have?"
No comments:
Post a Comment