Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lake Rabun 2009

For the third year in a row, our friends, Meeghan and Rob, invited our church community group to Meeghan's parents' lake house at Lake Rabun in North Georgia for the weekend. The first year still remains to be the most fun and craziest of the three trips, but unlike last year, I was able to do a bit more since I was not pregnant this time around, so I jumped off the boathouse a few times and went tubing, as well as enjoyed the rides on both the pontoon boat and the speed boat. However, even though I was not pregnant, I was still with child, as Elsa came along this year, as did our friends' baby, Olivia. Due to an extremely loud and lively session of karaoke that stretched into the early hours of Saturday morning, neither Jarrett nor I nor Elsa slept well at all the first night. Elsa somehow slept better than I did, I think, but still woke up, meaning I needed to get up with her and then put her back down. The second night went much better and I was able to get more than two hours of sleep, which was nice. Besides the lack of sleep and the fact that Elsa hated the life jacket we bought her prior to the trip (meaning she was on the boat for fewer than two minutes as we decided whether to torture her), we did have fun chatting with friends we hadn't seen in awhile, eating good food, and enjoying the nice weather and water fun.

No comments: