Wednesday, July 9, 2008

31 Weeks

According to BabyCenter, Baby Helms measures over 16 inches long, and weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges). From here, she is apparently headed into a growth spurt (meaning my belly is as well, I suppose!). She can do some fancy things these days, such as turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin.

She is definitely moving around quite a lot, despite the fact that, according to the midwife, she is pretty well stuck head down in birth-ready position. She enjoys wedging her knees or feet (or something) up into my right rib cage, which I think is causing the bit of back pain I am experiencing -- but I can take it. It's actually quite comforting and pretty cool to feel the little one move around. I also felt what must have been those hiccups I've read I might feel last Friday evening while over at Kate and Tim's house for the Fourth, so Kate finally was able to feel the baby move!

No comments: