Today was my appointment with Margaret (yay!) in the second mentioned new office, which I absolutely love. It took me 55 minutes to get to there, but it was totally worth every tick of the clock. The office itself isn't much to speak of from the outside -- one of those brick medical office complexes that appears like it was built in the 70s, where you enter each office from the outside -- but the inside had a very new, clean, pleasant, relaxing feel, and all of the personnel were extremely friendly.
The appointment started out as all the others at the old office -- peed in a cup, weighed in (gained two pounds since the last visit... now at a grand 144), and had my blood pressure taken. My blood pressure continues to be good, but I apparently "spilled" sugar in my urine (strange term in my opinion, but whatever). Margaret asked me if my glucose test had come back negative (she didn't have my chart this visit), and I said yes, so then she asked me what I ate for breakfast. I had cereal with blueberries and orange juice. Apparently blueberries this time of year tend to have this affect, so she thinks that is possibly the cause... or maybe even the orange juice. If sugar shows up during the next test, they might possibly take some blood just to make sure. During the rest of my visit with Margaret, she went through her ritual of first kind of feeling the baby and "saying hello" to it, then she listened for the heartbeat, and then she had me bend my knees and she felt my belly again, this time applying a bit more pressure, to try to figure out the baby's position. The little one is apparently already head down, and Margaret claims that she is really down in there and is not likely to change position until birth, which is fabulous to hear. She tried to help me feel the head -- and I think I did feel it somewhat -- but it proved to be a bit difficult. We chatted awhile longer and I asked a couple of questions. One of the qualities I love about Margaret is that she never makes things feel rushed.
When I checked out and made my next appointment, the receptionist said that they would go about trying to track down my chart from one of the two previous practices, which is lovely. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that again at all.
Since my weeks are a bit off at this point (since I was supposed to go in at 30 weeks), and since things seem to be going quite swimmingly, my next appointment is scheduled in three weeks rather than two (at 34 weeks). I will then go again two weeks after that, and then will be at the point where I'll go in on a weekly basis!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment